Dallas Home Upgrades That Will Pay Off At Resale
Are you wondering which upgrades you should have done to improve the resale value of your Dallas home?
Kitchens and Kitchen Renovations
- Cabinets, flooring, countertops and appliances are the most expensive, but an investment that pays off!
- Paint and hardware are an easy way to enhance the eye appeal of the home.
- Stay neutral. Subtle colors and classic designs are the most appealing.
- Plenty of cabinets and counter space, updated light fixtures and energy-efficient appliances will make your Dallas home much easier to sell when the time comes. If possible, use high-quality materials.
By simply making one or all of these changes to your kitchen will add value to your Dallas home.
- To increase the resale value and selling potential of your Dallas home you should update your bathroom.
- If within your budget a priority should be: marble/granite vanity top, molded sink, bathtub with shower and tile. These improvements will pretty much pay for themselves.
- Jetted tubs and heated floors are currently the hottest trend for the luxury market.
- A simple rule of thumb is to keep the colors neutral.
- Inexpensive but a must are new fixtures and hardware. Brushed nickel or oil-rubbed bronze sink and shower fixtures, and the hardware on the cabinets will look like new!
- A simple updated shower head can also significantly improve the appeal of your bathroom and make your shower more enjoyable!
Theater rooms open family rooms that adjoin the kitchen, outdoor living space and master suites are hot buzz items right now. You can also consider adding sitting areas or a small kitchenette area to your master suite. To enhance the outdoors think about adding a fire pit, a sitting area, a grill and ceiling fans.
It goes without saying that the front is one of the first areas that someone notices about your home. You should consider purchasing a new front door or make sure yours has a fresh coat of paint in a desirable color and replace the hardware with new shiny hardware! Adding a welcome mat will add a bit of warmth and coziness to your Dallas home.
You will see a huge return by simply making sure your Dallas home is landscaped. Get rid of weeds, cut trees and shrubs, and add mulch. You should also consider adding color with attractive flowers and make sure your lawn is green and freshly cut!
Windows and Green Updates
Energy-efficient windows will pay for themselves at resale, as your Dallas home will be listed in the category of having green features. Also, the savings on your utility bills is reason enough to consider energy-efficient improvements.
After you’ve made improvements to your Dallas home sit back, relax and enjoy!
When you’re ready to sell your Dallas home contact your local Dallas real estate expert, Israel R. Varela at 214-677-7668 or fill out the form below!