Dallas Real Estate Tips When Putting Your Home Up For Sale
2. The majority of homebuyers are beginning their Dallas real estate search online. They will not get in the car and come see your Dallas home if the listing online does not WOW them! Photographs of your home should be enticing enough to capture their interest.
3. Potential buyers will be able to imagine themselves living in your home if they are intrigued by the photographs and description. To entice homebuyers you should get rid of clutter and have the appearance of being meticulously organized. Some Dallas home sellers even reorganize closets and kitchen cabinets by color and alphabetization.
4. Fresh landscaping, fresh paint and washing the windows inside and out will make a dramatic effect on the appearance of your Dallas home.
5. A major selling point is to be able to advertise “move in ready” with a very low or non-existent repair bills and existing conditions (termite inspections/pest inspections/A-C service reports, etc.). This is a huge way to compete against other homesellers in the Dallas real estate market!
6. All light fixtures should have light bulbs, nicks and scratches should be repaired, doorknobs should be fixed as well as cracks repaired prior to your home being available for showings.
7. House numbers need to be legible, odors eliminated, and a bouquet of fresh flowers on a table to await prospective buyers is always a good idea.
8. A simple way to make your home inviting to prospective buyers is to put a new welcome mat at the front door. Also you should accommodate all showings if possible.
9. As not everyone likes animals pets should be kept outside or crated.
10. Do your homework and research your competition to price your home accordingly. By looking at the other homes for sale in your area you will know what you are up against. Your home should be priced to sell in 60 days as today’s home buyers are very educated about the comparable sales in the Dallas real estate market.
11. As a general rule of thumb you should counter on every offer you get and keep the deal alive.
12. Sellers that offer the buyer a couple of thousand dollars toward closing costs will perhaps receive more attention than other homes for sale. This is a great way to make purchasing your home more attractive to home buyers.
13. By providing a transferable home warranty, which generally cost between $300 to $500 for a one-year policy that covers appliances, such as air conditioners and refrigerators provides home buyers some peace of mind. As a seller you want to make purchasing your home as stress free as possible for potential home buyers to beat out your competition.
The Dallas real estate market is ultra competitive. If you are thinking about selling your home, you should talk to a professional REALTOR®. Israel R. Varela can answer your questions and get your home listed and sold – in the shortest amount of time at the highest price! Call Israel R. Varela today at 214-677-7668 or fill out the form below.